Connect with SCORE Houston
Paycheck Protection Program is closed for now but may reopen so stay tuned. EIDL program is taking new applications. Click here to apply for EIDL.
For more information:
- Attend SBA's informational webinars and ask questions. Download more information at SBA.Gov/TX/Houston and scroll down to Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources.
PPP (closed for now) is managed under SBA 7a and the money will be disbursed through the banks and other lenders who participate in Government Guaranteed Lending. Loans will cover payroll, rent, and utilities and the forgiveness guidelines are significantly relaxed so watch one of SBA webinars.
While waiting for the SBA loan, we suggest you do the following to conserve CASH:
* Contact banks for a bridge loan to cover immediate needs
* Contact lessors of property to postpone payment for a couple of months
* Contact suppliers to see if they are willing to delay payments
* Download this useful toolkit from U.S. Chamber of Commerce
* Browse disaster-preparedness-and-resiliency-resources
SCORE offers the nation's largest network of free, expert business mentors. [Click here for our office locations]
If you're just starting a business, SCORE mentors can provide the practical action plan, education, and tools you need to open your doors and establish a customer base.
If you already own a business, our volunteer mentors can help identify ways to increase profit, improve employee and customer satisfaction, and achieve work/ life balance.
With SCORE, you can have the honest, confidential and sometimes tough conversations about managing money, motivating your team, and other business topics. We can be your confidant, your cheerleader and your accountability partner on your path to achieving success.
- We specialize in business planning, marketing, and financial strategies...
- We have experts in retail, clothing, leasing, online stores...
- We assist with patent, trademark, legal, accounting...
Register today for our no- and low-cost business training on a variety of business topics including marketing, finance, accounting, and management.
Templates and Tools
Browse our library for Business plan templates, Startup check-list, Selecting the right legal structure, Important phone numbers, SBA loan programs, and more.
2020 SBA Small Business Awards Winners
Small Business Persons of Year - Michelle Toni Mitcham & Amber Humphrey, CO-CEO Open Door Pediatric Therapy
Veteran Small Business Owner of the Year - Ted Gillis,
President, Paveloc Plus
We thank our sponsors: