Connect with SCORE Houston
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Grant/Loan and Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) will begin taking and funding applications starting on Monday. If your bank wasn't cooperating for PPP, download the list of banks taking new clients at sba.gov/tx/houston.
If you’ve applied for the EIDL and are waiting not-so-patiently for much-needed financial relief, your application number means your application is in process. Sorry, there is no way to check the status until SBA is ready to work on your loan. At that time, you will receive an email that will give you a link to create an account within their loan system. At that time you'll be able to check on status through the lending process. You won't even be contacted about your relief grant advance ($1K per employee up to $10K); it will just show up in your bank account, so check for a deposit from US Treasury. For more information:
- Attend SBA's informational webinars and ask questions. Download more information at SBA.Gov/TX/Houston and scroll down to Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources.
- Download Step by step guide to filing PPP and EIDL applications.
Click here to download financing programs focused on PPP, Bridge Loans, Deferment. Click here for PPP Fact Sheet.
Click here to download the presentation mainly on EIDL.
Click here for the recording of this webinar (sorry, we missed the first few minutes).
PPP is managed under SBA 7a and the money will be disbursed through the banks and other lenders who participate in Government Guaranteed Lending. Loans will cover payroll, rent, and utilities and if 75% of the proceeds are used to cover payroll, the loan will be forgiven. Go to your bank and follow their procedure. If your bank doesn't help you, go to sba.gov/tx/houston and download a list of banks (scroll down to the bottom, under coronavirus resources) that are taking new clients. Independent contractors and self-employed individuals must wait until April 10 to file.
EIDL is managed by SBA. These are targeted, low-interest loans of up to $2 million to small businesses (3.75% interest rate, fixed) and non-profits (2.75%) that have been severely impacted by the Coronavirus. There is no payment for the first 12-months. There is now a streamlined application online with an option to ask for an advance of up to $10,000 within 3-days of the application. This amount is a grant and you keep it even if the EIDL loan is denied.
- Go to Disasterloan.sba.gov (For information, call 800-659-2955) and submit the online loan application which will ask for information similar to that in these paper forms: SBA Form 5 (Form 5C for Sole Proprietor) and Supporting documents: SBA Form P-109.
- You may be asked for additional information:
Release of income taxes - completed IRS Form 4506-Ts; Personal Financial Statements (SBA Form 413D); Schedule of Liabilities (SBA Form 202); Monthly sales figures (SBA Form 1368); Up to two (2) years complete business tax returns with all schedules; A current year-to-date profit-and-loss statement
- Credit Elsewhere provision is waived under the CARES act.
While waiting for the SBA loan, we suggest you do the following to conserve CASH:
* Contact banks for a bridge loan to cover immediate needs
* Contact lessors of property to postpone payment for a couple of months
* Contact suppliers to see if they are willing to delay payments
* Download this useful toolkit from U.S. Chamber of Commerce
* Browse disaster-preparedness-and-resiliency-resources
SCORE offers the nation's largest network of free, expert business mentors. [Click here for our office locations]
If you're just starting a business, SCORE mentors can provide the practical action plan, education, and tools you need to open your doors and establish a customer base.
If you already own a business, our volunteer mentors can help identify ways to increase profit, improve employee and customer satisfaction, and achieve work/ life balance.
With SCORE, you can have the honest, confidential and sometimes tough conversations about managing money, motivating your team, and other business topics. We can be your confidant, your cheerleader and your accountability partner on your path to achieving success.
- We specialize in business planning, marketing, and financial strategies...
- We have experts in retail, clothing, leasing, online stores...
- We assist with patent, trademark, legal, accounting...
Register today for our no- and low-cost business training on a variety of business topics including marketing, finance, accounting, and management.
Templates and Tools
Browse our library for Business plan templates, Startup check-list, Selecting the right legal structure, Important phone numbers, SBA loan programs, and more.
2019 SBA Small Business Awards Winners