With SCORE, Small Businesses Achieve Big Success
Starting and growing a small business can be challenging, but you don’t have to go it alone. Your SCORE mentor will be there to answer questions, connect you with resources and offer guidance throughout the life of your business. SCORE mentors are volunteers, meaning they give their time freely to help business owners like you thrive. They are committed to the success of your business – and because they are all leaders in their fields, SCORE mentors deliver expert advice. Get started and find your mentor today!
SCORE is of notable value to entrepreneurs and small businesses:
- 87% - of clients would recommend SCORE to family and friends
- 91% - of "in business" clients were still in business at the end of 2019
- 69% - of all clients indicate that SCORE is important to their business success
SCORE Houston has a large impact on the community.
Small business clients who receive 3+ hours of mentoring report higher revenues and increased business growth.
FIND YOUR MENTOR TODAY!
SCORE is a uniquely American organization that synthesizes two historic national ideals: entrepreneurial spirit and volunteerism. Since 1964, SCORE has provided expert volunteer mentoring to more than 11 million entrepreneurs and small business owners. As the nation's largest network of volunteer business mentors, SCORE is committed to helping any person succeed in their small business endeavor.
- $394 - SCORE’s cost to help create one business
- $120 - SCORE’s cost to help create one job
- $34.66 - Amount SCORE clients return to the Federal Treasury for every federal dollar appropriated to SCORE
- 67% - Percentage of SCORE clients that reported an increase in business revenue
- 39% - Average business growth reported by SCORE clients
SCORE has a large impact and contribution to businesses nationwide
SCORE helps a diverse range of American Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs.
Of SCORE’S 2019 client base...
Increase your chances for success with SCORE.
“The education I received from my SCORE mentor was invaluable in growing Abram’s Nation to become a million-dollar company.” - Rose Morris, owner, Abram’s Nation
In 2017, Morris was named the National Exporter of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Small Business Clients who Receive 3+ hours of Mentoring Report Higher Revenues and Increased Business Growth.
“[My mentor] is the perfect combination of advisor, sounding board, informal therapist and shoulder to lean on. Over the last nine years, he's helped me tackle every major challenge that has come my way, seeing me through to the other side.” - Meghan Ely, owner, OFD ConsultingRead the Success Story